Friday, July 15, 2011

Pre-Potter Movie Jitters

Preparing to see HP 7 pt. 2 some time this week. I've heard awesome things so I'm really looking forward to it. Actually, I am of the opinion that we should have had an international holiday to allow people time to go see the movie. If I ruled the world...

The previews and trailers of course look like this is going to be the awesomest HP film yet. But I am a bit nervouse about something. In the book, Professor McGonagall was super-spectacularly amazingly brilliant. When I read it, I couldn't wait to see Maggie Smith be super-spectacularly amazingly brilliant too. But I didn't see her in the trailer so I am very nervous about this.

One of my complaints about all the HP movies is that most of the great stars they've cast don't have enough screen time or dialogue. I am not the only person to have made this observation. I refer you to the French and Saunders Harry Potter spoof in which McGonagall's actress complains that her only lines are, "What's the matter Harry." It's true that most of the big name actors rarely have more than a few reaction shots per movie. I can't kick too much because I know that they only have a limited amount of time to tell the whole story.

But in the case of Maggie Smith, and her character McGonagall, the role in this part of the story is substantial so any abridging would actually change the story, yes? So I shall have to wait and see. Looking forward to it (I hope) !

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis